The purpose of Use and Lot Standard Regulations of the Red Oak Zoning Ordinance is to establish requirements for use of property, minimum requirements for lot area, width, depth, yard setbacks, coverage, building height, and dwelling unit size. The restrictions are applicable to all districts set forth in the Use and Lot Standard Regulations of the Red Oak Zoning Ordinance.
Regulations Applicable to All Districts
- Regulations are the minimum requirements for lot area, width and depth, building setbacks, lot coverage, dwelling heights, and dwelling size.
- The minimum lot area width and depth must be in accordance with the square footage and dimensional values of the Use and Lot Standard Regulations of the Red Oak Zoning Ordinance for residential districts, except a lot platted of record prior to the adoption of the Red Oak Zoning Ordinance may be used for single-family residential purposes if all other requirements are met.
- Public and semi-public institutional uses such as hospitals, churches and schools located in any district have a minimum site area of 1 acre.
- Access to a lot must have a minimum width of 25 feet at the property line.
- Whenever two or more main buildings, or portions thereof, are placed upon a single lot or tract and such buildings do not face upon a public street, the same may be permitted when the site plan for such development is approved by the Commission so as to comply with the requirements for platting. However, no parking area, storage area or required open space for one building may be computed as being the open space, yard or area requirements for any other dwelling or other use.
- Municipally-operated facilities are allowed in any zoning district.
Residential Main Building
Only one main building for single-family use, with permitted accessory buildings, may be located upon a lot or unplatted tract.