- Single-family dwellings in connection with agricultural operations.
- Farm, nursery, greenhouse or garden, agricultural operations, including field crops, orchards, horticulture, animal husbandry, subject to the rules and regulations of the State Health Department, but not including feed lots, poultry farms and kennels.
- Parks, community buildings or other public recreational areas and facilities owned and operated by the City or other public agency, and recreational areas operated by public, charitable, or religious organizations.
- All municipally-owned or privately-owned utilities.
- Servant’s quarters and quarters used by bona fide farm workers, or other accessory buildings such as barns, sheds, and other structures necessary for farming operations may be permitted, provided however, that no such accessory building or quarters to be used by servants or farm workers be occupied as a place of abode or dwelling by anyone other than a bona fide servant or farm worker and actually and regularly employed by the land owner or occupant of the main building.
- Accessory uses where the primary use is residential:
- A detached or attached private garage having a capacity for not more than four (4) automobiles;
- One (1) antenna (amateur or CB radio) and satellite dish antenna per lot;
- Private swimming pools.
- Stable, private.
- Schools and related uses, operated by a public independent school district.
- Telephone exchange.
- A temporary bulletin board or sign pertaining to the lease or sale of land or acreage.
- Such uses as permitted under the provisions of a Specific Use Permit.
Size and Setback Regulations
|Item|| Length / Amount
|Minimum Lot Size||1 Acre|
|Minimum Lot Width||150 ft|
|Minimum Lot Depth||180 ft|
|Maximum Lot Coverage (Main Building)||See Below|
|Maximum Lot Coverage (Including Accessory Buildings)||None|
|Minimum Living Area||2,000 Sqft|
|Minimum Front Setback||40 ft|
|Minimum Rear Yard Setback||25 ft|
|Minimum Side Yard||20 ft|
|Minimum Side Yard Setback Adjacent to Street||25 ft|
|Interior Side Yard||N/A|
|Maximin Height||40 ft|
|Minimum Garage Size||2 Car|
|Minimum Additional Parking||2 Cars for every 360 Sqft|
|Minimum Driveway Width||10 ft|
- A minimum two (2) car garage required. Two (2) spaces (9’ x 20’ minimum) per dwelling unit in front of garage.
- Each driveway must be constructed of concrete compaction with ten (10) foot minimum width and four (4) inch minimum thickness.
- For homes set back over two hundred (200) feet from the property line, a concrete driveway is not required.
- Concrete parking is not required for farming or farm-related equipment.
- Vehicles must be parked on private property and may not cross the property line.
- See the Fire Lane, Off-Street Parking and Loading Requirements for special residential provisions and nonresidential use requirements.
Type of Exterior Construction
- One hundred percent (100%) masonry construction on the front elevation, including porches, and a minimum of seventy-five percent (75%) masonry exterior construction on each remaining elevation, but excluding garage doors and dormers. Glass or stucco may be used in place of masonry. Alternate building materials may be approved only by the Commission and City Council.
- Accessory structures must be constructed of brick, stucco, rock, stone or colored metal materials (inclusive of baked for painted finishes). Unfinished metal materials are prohibited.
A single family dwelling must be on a lot of at least one acre and meet the setback requirements for the RAE District.