Single-Family Residential District – 1
- Single-family detached dwellings
- Nurseries, greenhouses or gardens, limited to the propagation and cultivation of plants, provided no retail or wholesale business is conducted on the premises
- Private libraries
- Real estate sales offices during the development of residential subdivisions allowed for no longer than six months (180 days) with a non-renewable permit
- Public schools (kindergarten through high school) operated by an independent school district
- All municipally-owned utilities
- Accessory buildings and uses, customarily incidental to the above uses and located on the same lot therewith
- A detached or attached private garage having a capacity for not more than 4 automobiles
- One antenna (amateur radio or CB radio) and satellite dish antenna greater than 3 feet in diameter per lot with a Specific Use Permit
- Private swimming pool
- Such other uses as may be permitted under the provisions of a Specific Use Permit.
Size and Setback Regulations
|Item||Length / Amount
|Minimum Lot Size||12,000 Sqft|
|Minimum Lot Width||85 ft|
|Minimum Lot Depth||110 ft|
|Maximum Lot Coverage (Main Building)||See Below|
|Maximum Lot Coverage (Including Accessory Buildings)||40%|
|Minimum Living Area||1,800 Sqft|
|Minimum Front Setback||30 ft|
|Minimum Rear Yard Setback||20 ft|
|Minimum Side Yard||10% of the lot width|
|Minimum Side Yard Setback Adjacent to Street||10% of the lot width with a 20 ft minimum|
|Interior Side Yard||N/A|
|Maximin Height||35 ft / 2.5 Stories|
|Minimum Garage Size||2 Car|
|Minimum Additional Parking||2 Cars for every 360 Sqft|
|Minimum Driveway Width||10 ft|
Special Dwelling Restrictions
- No temporary buildings, such as travel trailers or mobile homes, may be used for on-site dwelling purposes.
- Accessory building area: The maximum area of any one accessory building will not exceed six hundred fifty (650) square feet without a Specific Use Permit.
- At least a 2 car garage required for each dwelling unit, with 2 spaces (9’ x 20’ minimum) in front of garage; the driveway must be concrete with 10 foot minimum width and 4 inch minimum thickness. Vehicles must be parked on private property and may not cross the property line.
- Fire Lane, Off-Street Parking and Loading Requirements may also apply.
Type of Exterior Construction
100% masonry construction on the front elevation, including porches, and a minimum of 75% masonry exterior construction on each remaining elevation, but excluding garage doors and dormers. Glass or stucco may be used in place of masonry. Alternate building materials may be approved only by the Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council.