Records Unit


​The Records Unit is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding weekends and holidays).


The main responsibilities of the Records Unit is to store, retrieve, distribute and dispose of police records in compliance with State and local laws.


The Records Unit has one Full Time Records Clerk and is supplemented by two additional staff members from other divisions.  Records staff frequently attend training throughout the State and other avenues to remain up-to-date on laws and changes that pertain to police records.  ​


​How do I get a copy of a police report?

• Police reports can be requested in person while at the Red Oak Police Department by submitting an open records request form during normal business hours 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Open Records Request

​• By emailing: Shayla Ingram ( and completing an Open Records Request.

​​• By faxing a filled out Open Records Request to: Red Oak Police Department Attn: Records Clerk at (972) 617-8239. ​​• By mailing filled out Open Records Request to: Red Oak Police Department 547 North Methodist Red Oak, Texas 75154 Attn: Records Clerk. ​

​How can I file a police report?

​​• Come into the Police Department at 547 North Methodist Red Oak, Texas 75154 and speak to an officer during normal business hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.

​​​• If it is before or after normal business hours, come in the first set of doors of the Red Oak Police Department and look to your right and pick up the telephone on the wall and let the dispatcher know you need a officer sent to the Police Department.

​​​• If you do not need an officer dispatched to your location, please contact the Northern Ellis Emergency Dispatch Center at 972-775-3333 and advise the dispatcher of the nature of the call for service and request to speak to an officer by telephone to make a Non-emergency incident or offense report.  (Reports that contain evidence will not be taken on the telephone.) ​

​​• Call 911 for Emergencies If you need to have a police officer dispatched to your location immediately, if some one is injured, or if you have any emergency situation, call “911". This includes any “crime still in progress” or where the report you want to make has any type of “evidence” to be collected.

  1. Joane Muhammad

    Executive Assistant to the Chief
    Phone: 972-617-7632

  2. Shayla Ingram

    Records Clerk
    Phone: 972-617-7641